- Business Services
- Educational Services
- Assessment, Grading & Testing
- Course of Study & Curriculum
- High School Diploma & College Entrance Requirements
- Section 504
- Special Education
- Specialized Programs
- Dual Language Immersion
- English Learner Program
- Having A Voice
- Independent Study Program Offerings
- Off Campus Courses
- Seal of Biliteracy
- Special Education
- Title I
- Student Support Services
- Suicide Prevention
- Summer School
- Pupil Services
- Human Resources
- Personnel Commission
- Salary Schedules
- Job Descriptions
- Employment Opportunities
- Benefits At A Glance
- Employee Annual Notifications
- Workers Compensation
Use the dropdown menu at the top right of this page to translate pages.
Immigration at California Schools: Guide for Students & Families - Know Your Rights
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in the San Dieguito Union High School District. Our teachers, administrators, and support staff are committed to excellence for our district families and students.
SDUHSD enrolls all students in grades 7-12 who currently reside within district attendance boundaries. Please review the School Locator & Boundaries Map and Board Policy 5111.1 which outlines district residency criteria. The district does not accept international exchange students and does not participate in the I-20 program.
The Department of Education requires local educational agencies to collect and report demographic data consistent with federal requirements. Aeries and educational agencies must abide by these valid code combinations and are not allowed to change them. (Ref: California Government Code Section 8310.5, CDE FAQs - Race and Ethnicity Collection and Reporting) Information about citizenship/immigration status is never needed for school enrollment and a Social Security number is never needed for school enrollment. Required documents for students arriving with their families from outside of the United States include immunization records and documents from the student’s parent or guardian to demonstrate proof of the child’s age. English Language screening is required by California law for each student who has a language other than English in their linguistic background. SDUHSD personnel will schedule an appointment for the assessment once enrollment is completed.
We hope to make the enrollment process as efficient as possible - below please access tabs with information related to enrolling.
Enroll In Schools
SCHOOL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Please see the instructions for current school year enrollment or pre-enrollment for the next school year.
All enrollment is conducted using the Aeries Online Enrollment platform. The online process must be completed before the School Registrar can actually enroll the student.
- The Aeries Online Enrollment platform is completely separate from the Aeries Parent or Student Portal platform. If you have an existing Aeries Portal account, please DO NOT attempt to use it for online enrollment. If you already have a parent portal account for another student, you will be able to link your new student to the existing portal after the student enrollment is completed with the School Registrar.
- Enrollment is not used for high school selection. For High School Selection information, please go to the High School Selection tab on this page.
Resources to review prior to beginning the enrollment process:
- Search the School Site Locator and District Boundary Map for your current residential address to identify your residential boundary school assignment.
- Gather the Required Enrollment Documents and Information (English/Spanish) - During your session, you will be required to upload all Required Enrollment Documents and Information. For assistance, refer to the Aeries Online Enrollment DOCUMENT UPLOAD Guide (English and Spanish) and the Online Enrollment Application Video Tutorial.
- For troubleshooting support, refer to Aeries Online Enrollment Guide.
- Parent and student portal accounts will automatically be created after the school registrar finalizes the student enrollment; you will receive an email with instructions at that time.
Residency Verification/Data Confirmation
ANNUAL RESIDENCY VERIFICATION
Each year, an Annual Residency Verification Affidavit must be submitted by each family along with two proofs of residency as listed in the affidavit. This process is a legal requirement in California, and it helps the District ensure that all available resources are spent efficiently and effectively to the benefit of SDUHSD families. State law requires that the District administer a Housing Questionnaire yearly. The information provided below will help the District determine what services you and/or your child may be eligible to receive. The information provided on this form will be kept confidential and only shared with the appropriate district and school staff. These additional steps help provide a full and precise accounting of our student population as we review staffing for the upcoming school year.
2023-2024 ANNUAL RESIDENCY VERIFICATION
SDUHSD mandatory Annual Residency Verification window opens January 17, 2023 for all 7th -11th grade students currently enrolled in the District who plan to return in the 2023-2024 school year.
Acceptable residency verification documentation must be received by March 17, 2023 in order to schedule classes for next year. Students who select an academy high school during the 2023-2024 High School Selection window, and have been approved to attend, are required to submit acceptable residency verification documentation by the March 17, 2023 enrollment deadline.
- Parents may electronically submit the Annual Residency Verification Affidavit / Housing Questionnaire in English or Spanish and two proofs of residency documents using their Aeries parent portal account by uploading the documentation. Click here for an Aeries Parent Portal Uploading Tutorial English or Spanish designed to walk parents through the process of uploading residency documentation using their parent portal.
- SDUHSD families with more than one student currently enrolled in the District and planning to return next year, will only need to provide one residency verification per family.
- SDUHSD families with incoming 7th graders will need to submit duplicate residency verification, one for the currently enrolled student(s) and one for the incoming 7th grade student.
- If the student(s) will not be returning in the 2023-2024 school year, please notify the School Registrar as soon as possible.
- For all other questions or concerns regarding Annual Residency Verification, please contact your student’s school.
To begin Residency Verification, please click the below button for Aeries Portal Login
Intradistrict and Interdistrict Transfers
An intradistrict transfer is when a parent/guardian wishes to enroll their student(s) at a SDUHSD school other than the designated school that is in their residential attendance area within the district.
PLEASE NOTE - A student’s designated school boundary is based on where the student resides, not what elementary school the student presently attends. Please check the district’s school locator boundary map with your residential address for your boundary school.
Please click here to review the:
- School Locator and Boundary Map English/Spanish
- 5116.1 Intradistrict Open Enrollment: Board Policy English or Spanish and Administrative Regulation English or Spanish
The Intradistrict Transfer Window Is Now Closed
The 2023-2024 online Intradistrict Application was open from February 13, 2023 @ 8:00 am and
closed on the application deadline, February 27, 2023 @ 4:00 pm.
To apply for an Intradistrict Transfer, click here to go to the main Intradistrict Transfer page.
If you have any questions or need additional support, please contact Pupil Services at (760) 753-6491 x 5596.
High School Selection
The San Dieguito Union High School District (SDUHSD) High School Selection process ended on February 17, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
The Incoming Student Enrollment Deadline is Monday, March 20, 2023 at 4:00 pm and eligible students who selected an academy must enroll by this deadline or will forfeit their spot at the academy and be enrolled in their boundary school. Students who did not participate during the high school selection window or who are new to the District will be enrolled at their residential boundary high school for 2023-2024. Please visit the Enrollment page for more information.
Enrollment and capacity have been evaluated to determine if there is space to enroll additional students at CCA and SDHSA. SDHSA (SDA) has no capacity for additional students at this time and will remain closed for the 2023-24 school year.
We are forming an interest list for eligible students residing in our district who wish to attend Canyon Crest Academy for the 2023-24 school year. Should space become available, students will be chosen from the interest list. If there are more students who want to enroll than available space can accommodate, a random lottery will be held to determine which students will be offered enrollment. Updates will be posted to this webpage on the 15th and 30th of each month.
For more information on the Canyon Crest Interest List, please click here to visit the High School Selection page.
Questions can be directed to the high school selection email: email@example.com
Welcome to all of our future Falcons, Mavericks, Mustangs, and Ravens!
KEY HIGH SCHOOL SELECTION INFORMATION
High school selection procedures are based on approved SDUHSD School Board policies. Please read the following materials for more details and information.
Equal Chance/Selection Submittal
There is no advantage to submitting early in the high school selection window. All selections submitted on or before 4:00 pm on the last date of the window each year have an equal chance in the lottery for CCA/SDHSA. High School Selection Deadline is Final The submitted high school selection is final at 4:00 pm on the last date of the established window in each year. No changes will be permitted after the selection deadline at 4:00 pm. No selections for either Academy school may be communicated after the established district deadline. Students applying later than 4 pm on the last date if the established filing window will need to register/enroll at their boundary high school. Lottery If necessary after the high school selection window, a lottery will be conducted using a Random Number Generator for Canyon Crest and/or San Dieguito Academies, with results e-mailed to parents.
- Students must currently reside within SDUHSD district boundaries to participate in high school selection.
- Students who are currently on an approved Interdistrict transfer cannot make a high school selection during this process.
- All current approved Interdistrict transfer students must reapply annually.
Enrollment/Registration/Course Selection Deadline
All students must complete district registration materials and students who are selected to attend CCA or SDHSA are required to complete registration by the enrollment deadline. Students who fail to register at an Academy by the enrollment deadline will lose their position. No exceptions will be made.
For the current high school selection details, please click here to visit the High School Selection page.
- For general enrollment questions, contact the boundary school.
- For CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR ENROLLMENTS ONLY: after submitting the required Confirmation/Signature Page, please contact the boundary school directly if you have not heard from the School Registrar within a few working days.
|MIDDLE SCHOOL||HIGH SCHOOL|
Boundary High School Enrollment Emails
Academy High School Enrollment Emails