skip to main content

San Dieguito Union High School District

Engaged, Inspired, Prepared
Board Meetings
Board Policies
Staff Start
Distance Learning
Office Locations

Pre-Qualification and/or CUPCCAA


California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565 went into effect on January 1, 2014. AB 1565 requires ALL General Contractors and M/E/P Subcontractors be prequalified, if the project is valued at $1 million or more and funded whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds. This applies to prime contractors and MEP sub-contractors with the following licenses:

  • General Contractors (A and B)
  • Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, C-46)
For certain projects, the District may require all contractors be prequalified, regardless of license classification, by noting the requirement in the bid advertisement. 
Applications must be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening and must be approved as least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening in order to qualify for these projects. Approval is valid for one (1) year from the date of notice of qualification, except as noted in prequalification documents.
To Prequalify: Click Here
Contractor Instructions: Click Here
Link to law: Click Here
For help with the on-line application process, contact
For all other questions, please contact Therese Doyle at or 760-753-6491 Ext. 5611
Prequalification Appeals Process: Click Here
CUPCCAA - California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act
The San Dieguito Union High School District has elected to become subject to the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Procedures. The District is inviting all licensed contractors to submit information for inclusion on the District's list of "qualified" bidders for the 2023 calendar year.
To Register: Click Here
Contractor Instructions: Click Here
Link to PCC 22032: Click Here 
NOTE: Registering with a district does not satisfy the prequalification requirements under PCC 20111.6 or the Department of Industrial Relations registration requirements under Labor Code 1725.5.