High School Independent Study Online Learning Program
High School CONCURRENT Credit Recovery Option
- All courses will be completed virtually. In-person attendance is required at the student's school outside of the school day for course assessments. The student is responsible for transportation for any in-person assessments.
- The student will take one ISOL class at a time and can begin another course once they complete the first course. A new contract and course section are required for a second course addition.
- The ISOL class must be in addition to 240 minutes of scheduled instruction/daily coursework.
- Courses are not NCAA approved in this format. Edgenuity courses do not count as repeats of SDUHSD courses.
- A district teacher will facilitate the learning
- Student enrollment in ISOL follows the posted SDUHSD Add/Drop and Grading periods.
- Eligible students and parents should first contact their school counselor to determine whether this optional program is appropriate and to discuss graduation requirements and any credits needed as well as school options for remediation.
- All essential ISOL details can be found in the SDUHSD Independent Study Online Course Contract, which is available for review by meeting with the school counselor. All students who elect to enroll in an ISOL class must sign this contract along with their parent, counselor, and supervising administrator.
- Enrolled students must follow all Independent Study regulations.
- All ISOL Concurrent Credit Recovery course exams will be proctored in person.
Edgenuity credit recovery format courses offered concurrently during the school year:
- English 9, 10, 11, 12
- World History, US History, American Government, Economics
- Selected Math courses
All of the above classes meet SDUHSD graduation requirements.
Online courses delivered via this format may not be accepted by colleges for fulfilling entrance requirements. It is the student's responsibility to check with an admissions officer from each campus for their practices related to self-paced, online independent study coursework.