- Parents & Students
- A-Z Index
- Annual Notification
- Annual Residency Verification
- Back To School 2020-2021
- Course of Study & Curriculum
- Distance Learning Model
- Educational Rights and Student Records
- Employee Concern Resolution
- Health Services & Nutrition
- High School Diploma & College Entrance Requirements
- High School Selection
- High Schools Transcripts
- Independent Study PE
- Interdistrict Transfers
- Intradistrict Transfers
- McKinney-Vento Act - Homelessness
- my. sduhsd.net
- Nutrition Services
- School Safety
- Student Supports
- Work Permits
Interdistrict Attendance Permits
2021-2022 School Year
San Dieguito Union High School District (SDUHSD) will begin accepting Interdistrict Attendance Permits starting
Monday, April 12, 2021 through Friday, June 11, 2021.
Interdistrict Attendance Permits
- A signed interdistrict attendance permit application from your district of residence must be submitted to the SDUHSD located at 710 Encinitas Blvd., Encinitas, CA 92024. If your student is not currently attending their district of residence, you still need to obtain the signed interdistrict attendance permit application from your district of residence
- New Permit forms can be submitted to the SDUHSD from April 12, 2021 through June 11, 2021 for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
- Completed interdistrict attendance permits can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to SDUHSD - Pupil Services, 710 Encinitas Blvd., Encinitas, CA 92024.
- Students new to San Dieguito Union High School District (SDUHSD) must attach academic, attendance, and discipline records from the district they are currently attending to the Interdistrict Attendance Permit application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- If the desired school of attendance is at capacity or there is more capacity at another school within the district, the applicant may be offered placement at another school within SDUHSD.
- Continuing students approved on an interdistrict attendance permit must re-apply annually.
- Approvals/denials are made by Pupil Services and not by school sites. Schools are not to accept or process any Interdistrict Attendance Permit applications that have not been approved through SDUHSD Pupil Services.
- Interdistrict Attendance Permit requests are approved based on space and staff availability.
- Per Education Code 46601, school districts shall respond to Interdistrict Attendance Permit requests within 14 calendar days of the start of the subsequent school year. Therefore, parents/guardians will be notified by mail no later than August 31, 2021.
- While an application is pending, the student must attend school in the district of residence, a charter school, a private school, or other option complying with California compulsory education requirement. The SDUHSD is not responsible for any decisions on the part of parents to keep their students out of school pending approval of a transfer.
- The parent/guardian of a student who is denied an Interdistrict Attendance Permit will receive written notice within 30 days of denial. The parents or guardians of the student(s) may appeal the decision within 30 days of the date listed on the denial. Parents must submit a written letter to the Director of Pupil Services & Alternative Programs with a full explanation of the basis for their appeal.
- Placement at a school within SDUHSD other than the desired school of attendance is not a denial of an Interdistrict Attendance Permit and may not be appealed.
- After exhausting this process, you may appeal to the San Diego County Office of Education, Department of Student Support Services, 858-292-3786, within 30 calendar days from the date of the district's final decision. Decisions by the San Diego County Board of Education will be final.
- Failure to adhere to timelines will be deemed an abandonment of the request.
- Infractions of school rules and regulations
- Failure to make satisfactory academic progress
EXITING SDUHSD – Interdistrict Attendance Permit Application Process
- Parent/Guardian must complete the form at SDUHSD. The school sites cannot take or process Interdistrict Attendance Permit applications.
- Interdistrict Attendance Permit Applications for students requesting to leave SDUHSD are also available online.
- Completed interdistrict attendance permits can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent in the U.S. mail to SDUHSD Pupil Services Office at 710 Encinitas Blvd., Encinitas CA 92024.
Guidelines and Other Related Information – Interdistrict Attendance Permits
- Students found to be using fraudulent addresses or students who have moved outside the SDUHSD boundaries without filing an Interdistrict Attendance Permit within 30 days of the change of residence will be immediately dropped and their records will be sent to the school district where they reside.
- Athletic eligibility will be governed by CIF regulations. Transfers for grades 9-12 may result in the student being ineligible to play CIF sports for a period of time. Eligibility determinations are subject to the rules of the San Diego Section of the California Interscholastic (CIF-SD) and its member conferences and leagues. If you should have any questions regarding eligibility, the phone number for CIF-SD is (619) 292-8165.
- For any additional questions, please contact Pupil Services at 760-753-6491 x5596.